Overview & Capabilities:
No company or organisation can ignore the strategic and operational implications of climate change and carbon reductions any more. Businesses must now have a coherent and actionable green strategy (be it part of the overall business strategy or aligned to it) that seeks to manage the carbon impact, improve competitiveness, enhance performance and the brand.
At GreenCarbonLite we focus on integrating climate change and environmental issues into a companyís or organisationís strategic priorities, helping them understand the benefits of a clear and accountable strategy, that is aligned across the core activities and operations of the business.
With over 20 years of experience in strategy and organisational alignment, we can provide a pragmatic and results orientated green strategy development service, with a true environment focus... numbers and analysis not adjectives...
Winners and forward thinking companies and organisations will see quickly the benefits of action in this area. Green strategy development should not be about compliance or afterthought...but a proactive and driven process, delivering coherency across a business.
Successful green strategies articulate a compelling and distinctive direction, take a longer term perspective, with a proactive intent and equip customers and people to ride the changes of the environmental roller-coaster.
The key is to turn ambitions and environmental rhetoric into implementable plans, to stand out from competitors and truly contribute to performance and climate change abatement.
Our Approach takes some or all of the following steps:
- Exploring current and future regulatory & legislative drivers, market pressures, organisational/cultural issues and resource constraints.
- Assessing carbon supply and value chains.
- Evaluating and comparing strategic green options, alongside carbon efficient scenarios.
- Developing a coherent, clear and ambitious green strategy, supported if necessary by business cases and implementation plans.
- Aligning organisation and people behind the strategy, so that it is not just words but deeds, ensuring any behavioural change is led by them (helping them to help themselves).
- Developing carbon balance scorecards and KPI's to track and measure how the strategy is implemented.